Erasmus+ "Back to the roots"
The project „Back to the roots - European Citizenship“ deals with the European identity and
European values. In the light of a still decreasing acceptance of the EU and a lack of a community of
solidarity within the EU the development of a cultural European identity has become of increasing
importance. This identity can be achieved by creating an awareness of cultural characteristics as well
as of differences and similarities among the different cultures.
Thus the following aims apply:
1) creating an awareness of identity/equality/otherness within the European cultural heritage in
schools and in our society
2) educating the students to become European citizens bearing responsibility towards their fellows
3) recognizing and experiencing cultural variety and/ or otherness in the areas of music, dance and
4) teaching the students central values of the EU
5) developing and executing a workshop with the topic “Who am I within the European Community?”
link to our padlet
The Trip startet at 6am in the morning. We and Mrs. Fricke met at the Einstein Gymnasium in Rheda and drove to the airport of Münster. There also joined the German coordinator Mr. Grote and we all flew to the huge airport of Munich. After a short stay the plane flew us to the airport of the beautiful city of Bari. Because we arrived pretty early, the Italien coordinator Da...
02.10.2021- Arrival day On Saturday we arrived at the airport at 4.50 pm and the Estonian students picked us and the Portuguese students up. The Italians arrived late at night, so they couldn’t join us. We took a bus to the hotel and arrived there after a two-hour ride. Afterwards the German and Portuguese students and teachers had dinner at the hotel. It was a really nice...
Day 1 – The arrival It was a cold Saturday morning, when all of us, except of Mr. Grote, met at the train station in Rheda-Wiedenbrück, to take the train to Düsseldorf. After a two hour train ride, we reached Düsseldorf. From there, we took the suspencion railway to the airport. After waiting for around 1 hour, our check-in panel opened. Next, we went through the securi...